Pregnancy: Nesting isn’t just for Mom!
I didn’t really think of the connection during my last pregnancy but looking back Dad was nesting too!
We are currently 32 weeks pregnant and I have been in the prep stages of “nesting”. I have started making lists of things that I want to get done before the baby comes. When discussing my list with Hubby, he tells me that he will take care of it. “Take care of it”? All of it? What does that mean?
All during this pregnancy (and the last one) he really didn’t want me to do anything strenuous. At times this includes vacuuming, doing dishes and cooking! I am very grateful at times, but other times I just want to do SOMETHING. At this point there is much to be done. Here is the short version of my list:
- Arrange my room so that we can add the bassinet back in (or a co-sleeper if I can get one to review for you all)
- Organize my craft table, which is in my bedroom and has collected many non-craft items
- Organize my bathroom, it has become crowded with beauty supplies/tools/products
- Go through all of Charlotte’s clothes and PURGE!
- Go through all of Charlotte’s toys and PURGE!
- Rearrange the Charlotte’s bedroom to accommodate the new baby after he is sleeping through the night
- Rearrange the furniture in the living room so we can get Christmas decor up
- Prep new diapers
- Yes, this is the short list!
I can recall with my last pregnancy, coming home from work to a newly organized closet, which wasn’t even on my radar. So I am going to say that dad’s get a little of the nesting instinct too. I don’t really know if it is the instinct, the fact that he doesn’t want me to hurt myself by overdoing it, or that he doesn’t think I will get it done. But I am definitely glad that he is sharing this experience with me whatever the reason!
Thanks for reading my story! I would love to know what you think. Do you think dad’s “nest” too? Have a great organizational trick? Please share, I’m open to suggestions!