Skip to content

Maternity Photo Session Featuring Kelsey Lynn Photography

November 12, 2012

This is our third and final pregnancy! It is quite bittersweet. While our family will be complete, it will also be hard for me to adjust to the thought of not being pregnant again. I enjoy being pregnant and I often think about how fast this pregnancy is going by!

My first pregnancy was over 12 years ago, we really didn’t think about taking pictures to look back on. I have 2 photos of when I was pregnant with Amber. One I had forced my hubby (then boyfriend) to have taken at a cheap little place and one from my baby shower that I didn’t realize was being taken.

My second pregnancy I did a monthly belly shot just to keep record of our growth. I kept telling myself that I would have my sister in-law take some nice photos. She and I had often taken photographic “adventures” together and I know she would capture some great shots. Living in another state prevented that from happening.

This time around I vowed that I would have some awesome photos taken to commemorate my final pregnancy. I set out on a journey to find a photographer that specialized in maternity photos and after looking through some portfolios I decided to turn to Facebook. I know that must sound odd but I think some of the best talent is yet to be discovered. Not all great artists have fancy websites and overdressed studios. During  my search I found local photographer Kelsey McKenna of Kelsey Lynn Photography!

About Kelsey:

My love for taking pictures came from the birth of my niece, Desiree. I love how photos can catch a moment and a feeling inside you. I am excited to begin taking more pictures and gaining knowledge of photography as this journey begins!!

Kelsey specializes in maternity, children and family photography. She works in the Phoenix area.

We set up an appointment to meet at the Historical Heritage Square in downtown Phoenix. I had never been there before so I had no idea how beautiful the setting was! There are historical Victorian homes, restaurants and they often host cultural events in the square.

There were several beautiful locations that we visited as we walked including a church courtyard with a fountain. Kelsey made us feel very comfortable and came up with idea after idea for more possible poses and backgrounds. We had a lot of fun and even though Charlotte didn’t want to sit still at all, Kelsey got some amazing shots of her too! Here is our beautiful maternity session:

If you are in the Phoenix area or plan to be (I’m not that close to phoenix but it was well worth a little drive) You can contact her for rates. She does fabulous family, senior, newborn and maternity photos.

Check out her other photo collections on her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KelseyLynnPhotography You can email her at: kelseylmckenna@gmail.com or call her at: (602) 377-3465

Thank you so much for these beautiful photos Kelsey! They will be cherished for generations!

Advertisements
16 Comments leave one →
  1. November 12, 2012 10:43 am

Very nice! I took more photos with my first than my second. I wish I could have gone to a professional. Very nice photos!

2. November 12, 2012 11:00 am

Great pictures!!! I always want to get professional pics but have never pulled the trigger. Wish I lived closer!

• November 13, 2012 11:11 am

It is a great experience! Sitting in a studio can make some people uncomfortable.

• November 13, 2012 11:13 am

It is a great experience! I think this makes for more personality in a photo than sitting in a studio.

3. November 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Awww! I wish I had done a maternity session! But I don’t think I want to be pregnant again to do one. LOL

4. Taryn permalink
    November 12, 2012 10:41 pm

I wish I had done these!

5. November 13, 2012 6:17 am

Lovely family photos. Thanks for sharing with all of us. The photographer did an amazing job.

• November 13, 2012 11:15 am

I agree, she did an amazing job. She even got great ones of Charlotte even though she kept darting off to who knows where!

6. November 13, 2012 6:22 am

very nice! I need to do the same since this is our last baby. You have a beautiful family!

• November 13, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you Nicole! Do it! I am so glad we have these to look at forever!

7. journeysofthezoo permalink
    November 13, 2012 8:44 am

Lovely pictures. You look too young to have a 12 year old. I want your skin care secrets. I took weekly belly shots. It’s so much to watch the differences (I was carrying triplets so they were obvious day-to-day).

Happy and healthly nine months!

Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

• November 13, 2012 11:18 am

Wow Sarah! Triplets!! I can’t even imagine! Thank you for the compliments! In all fairness I was only 17 when I had her. As for skin care… I really don’t do enough! I’m going to give that credit to good lighting and the photographer, hehe!

8. Jaime Nicole permalink
    November 13, 2012 2:14 pm

These are beautiful! I hope to get some done with my next one.

9. Christy Maurer permalink
    November 14, 2012 5:01 am

So beautiful! I’m no where near there but if I were I’d be contacting her!