Ready for school? ABCMouse Review and Giveaway
The greatest gift we can give our children is a strong mind! This, of course, applies to many aspects including emotional and intellectual. I am always on the hunt for educational resources for my children. The Teen started reading at 3 years old. She has always been an avid reader and excels in school. She was an only child for 10 years and I was at home with her until she started kindergarten. She had a lot of one-on-one activities with me. The Toddler is not quite as lucky. I struggle to balance the education with her along with another baby, work and several other things that were not going on before.
That is where I find ABCmouse.com to be most helpful. She not only gets the encouragement and interaction from me, but from the website as well!
ABCmouse’s goal is to help children build a strong foundation for future academic success by providing a comprehensive and engaging online curriculum in early childhood education. ABCmouse was the recipient of the 2012 Teacher’s Choice Award and 2011 Parents Choice Award
- Ad free: What most people don’t realize when it comes to internet security is that most malware/spyware/viruses are found in advertisements. The cost of the subscription (investment in education) is well worth the security! Not to mention that we really don’t need our kids begging for more toys from exceptionally well targeted marketing do we?
- Adjustable learning: Not every child is at the same learning level as their peers. Some are advanced and some are behind. In the set up you start them at a level you think they are at BUT you can change it if you see they are psst that curriculum.
- Variety: There is a great variety of activities from puzzles, animals, coloring, music, reading and of course games. Your child is never going to be bored!
- Navigation: The site is easy for me to navigate and has voice prompts to help the Toddler navigate on her own.
- Progress tracking: All activities are tracked so that the parent can see where the child is within the learning. Sometimes my Teen or Daddy will do some activities while I’m at work. This tracking allows me to check on her progress.
- Reward system: Each activity completed results in ticket that can be redeemed for virtual prizes like pets, toys, clothes or furniture for their virtual room, aquarium and avatar.