Wholly Guacamole is the official sponsor of the OMGuac lunch! They want to show you how you create 2 lunches using most of the the same ingredients! To do this they are holding a fun photo contest!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Grab a $1.00 off coupon
- Watch OMGuac videos for lunch ideas and handy info
- Enter a picture of your OMGuac Lunch for a chance to win $100 gift card and FREE Wholly Guacamole!
- 3 Weekly Winners will be announced until September 27th!!
I know I will be entering! So good luck to us all! What is your favorite Recipe using Guac?
I remember my mom using Hyland’s Teething Tablets for my younger brother and it is the same thing I use on my little one. Having Hyland’s 4 Kids, designed for ages 2-12, is reassuring to me that my children will grow up using the same homeopathic remedies that worked when they were babies!
Luckily for us we haven’t had to use all of the varieties they offer. However my 13 year old was having some allergy issues this weekend and I had her try out the Hyland’s 4 Kids Complete Allergy. She said that it instantly relieved her sore, itchy throat! I have no doubt that the rest will work just as well!
Hyland’s 4 Kids has changed the look of their packaging and website! I think the packaging is very easy to read and has great detail about the product inside. The website is awesome! http://www.hylands4kids.com is extremely easy to navigate and you can even find some kids activities and articles for parents.
To celebrate a new packaging and website design, Hyland’s 4 Kids is holding a spectacular giveaway! In Hyland’s 4 Kids Fan Favorite Awards you can win the entire line of Hyland’s 4 Kids natural, safe and effective homeopathic remedies.
The contest will run from August 19th to August 27th. There will be a prize package given away each day during the event. That means there will be 8 winners!
Winners will recieve:
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Cough Syrup with 100% Natural Honey, 4 oz. (Approximate Retail
- Value (ARV)): $8.89
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Cold ’n Cough, 4 oz. (ARV): $8.89
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Sniffles ʼn Sneezes 125 ct. (ARV): $8.39
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Complete Cold ʼn Flu 125 ct. (ARV): $7.19
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Complete Allergy 4oz. (ARV): $8.89
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Allergy Relief 125ct. (ARV): $8.39
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Calm ʼn Restful 125ct (ARV): $7.19
- Hyland’s 4 Kids Cold ‘n Cough Nighttime, 4 oz. (ARV): $8.89
ARV of each Prize Package for each Event: $66.72
How to vote and enter:
Fill out the form on the 4 Kids Fan Favorite Tab on the Hyland’s 4 Kids Facebook page each day during the “awards”! It’s that easy!
Which will you vote for? What do you think of the new design??
The greatest gift we can give our children is a strong mind! This, of course, applies to many aspects including emotional and intellectual. I am always on the hunt for educational resources for my children. The Teen started reading at 3 years old. She has always been an avid reader and excels in school. She was an only child for 10 years and I was at home with her until she started kindergarten. She had a lot of one-on-one activities with me. The Toddler is not quite as lucky. I struggle to balance the education with her along with another baby, work and several other things that were not going on before.
That is where I find ABCmouse.com to be most helpful. She not only gets the encouragement and interaction from me, but from the website as well!
ABCmouse’s goal is to help children build a strong foundation for future academic success by providing a comprehensive and engaging online curriculum in early childhood education. ABCmouse was the recipient of the 2012 Teacher’s Choice Award and 2011 Parents Choice Award
- Ad free: What most people don’t realize when it comes to internet security is that most malware/spyware/viruses are found in advertisements. The cost of the subscription (investment in education) is well worth the security! Not to mention that we really don’t need our kids begging for more toys from exceptionally well targeted marketing do we?
- Adjustable learning: Not every child is at the same learning level as their peers. Some are advanced and some are behind. In the set up you start them at a level you think they are at BUT you can change it if you see they are psst that curriculum.
- Variety: There is a great variety of activities from puzzles, animals, coloring, music, reading and of course games. Your child is never going to be bored!
- Navigation: The site is easy for me to navigate and has voice prompts to help the Toddler navigate on her own.
- Progress tracking: All activities are tracked so that the parent can see where the child is within the learning. Sometimes my Teen or Daddy will do some activities while I’m at work. This tracking allows me to check on her progress.
- Reward system: Each activity completed results in ticket that can be redeemed for virtual prizes like pets, toys, clothes or furniture for their virtual room, aquarium and avatar.
OK, so not really. That is impossible thanks to gravity.
My life isn’t really all that exciting on a daily basis but lately there has been one thing after another keeping me from sitting down at the computer. When I do get a few minutes to write I am interrupted. The “newborn” is 6 months old now and has decided that I am the only one who can take care of him. We are going through an attachment phase that I didn’t expect for a little while. I love snuggling and nursing him. I know it wont last forever so I try to cherish each moment.
We have decided that 3 is a good number of kids for our family. This means that every time I nurse him, cuddle him, change his diaper or see him smile I drop everything and try to stay in that moment. I will never get this time back and since he is our last baby, I know I wont get another chance to experience this stage. Until grandchildren, which should be a very long time away!
So, I take this time to apologize to the sponsors who are waiting ever so patiently for their review to post and to my faithful readers who can’t wait to see what those reviews are going to be! I have a few awesome reviews coming up including a video craft tutorial!! There might also be a giveaway or 2 as well…
So, I didn’t really fall of the face of the planet! I’m still here! Now that school is back in, I should have more chances to sit at the computer. Now, if I could only get the “toddler” and “newborn” to nap at the same time… that would be glorious!
We have 2 vehicles and becoming a single car family wasn’t something we have even discussed yet. It is just sort of… happening. While pregnant with the “Newborn”, we discovered that the van I have been driving is in serious need of a new tire. So much so that Hubby does not want me to drive it because it is unsafe. Being very pregnant and then recovering from delivery, I didn’t go anywhere. So the van just sat there. We aren’t the kind of family to just happen to have money lying around for a new tire. So we have been putting it off for more than 6 months! The van is now just a sort of “back up” car. On days when there is a doctor appointment or grocery shopping that needs to be done, Hubby takes the van and leaves the truck for me or I drop him off at work and keep the truck.
Right now it seems to be working out for us and we may just be “phasing out” the second car! I wanted to share this experience with you and hopefully give you all the confidence to make a change in your life. Here are some things that may help.
Benefits of being a single car family
- Possibly one less car payment
- Only one car to keep up on maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.)
- No need for duplicate car seats or switching them from car to car
- Get more exercise by walking to the park, post office, library etc.
- Saves money on insurance
- You do more together as a family, more outings traveling together (travel time can be quality time!!)
- Bonding with your kids by talking while on walks
- Teaching your kids to be eco-responsible and stay active
Tips for making one car work for you
- Schedule appointments for the times when the primary driver is home.
- Set a specific day to do regular errands like grocery shopping, etc.
- Consolidate errands into one trip. Grocery shopping, post office, refueling, doctor visits etc can be done all in one trip if you plan ahead. This will also save even more on gas.
- Communicate! Have regular discussions about what events are going on so that you know what you are available for. This will avoid having to cancel due to lack of transportation.
- Know your neighbors. Have a list of people who could help you out in a pinch, in an emergency or whom you can borrow sugar from if you run out.
- Have cash on hand for public transportation, just in case.
The drawbacks you should consider
- Walking isn’t always practical depending on the weather.
- Cabin fever. You can feel trapped in your own home sometimes.
- Schedule conflicts. You and your other half may need to be in two places at once. This could result in inability to attend some events you may want to be at.
Have you thought about making a big change like this? I would love to hear from other families who make one vehicle work!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting sponsored by Publishers Clearing House. I received a product sample and promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Special thanks to Publishers Clearing House for sponsoring today’s discussion!
I remember when I was little, seeing people on TV being surprised right at their front door with a huge check. I was pretty young but I’m sure that is one of the things that got me interested in giveaways and contests as well as a positive outlook with a lot of hope! My grandmother would take the time to mail in envelopes with entries just about every week! I was lucky enough to sometimes help her put the stickers on them indicating magazines we were ordering. These days there is a far more easy way to enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes online.
The “Forever” Prize lets you leave a legacy for your loved ones. Win, and you’d get $5,000 a week for your life, then after that, you’d get to choose someone to receive $5,000 a week for their life! It’s unlike any other PCH prize — and it’s GUARANTEED to be awarded this August!
I have entered this contest already and have several ideas of what I would do with the prize money. Yes, I would start by quitting my part time job. I would love to be a stay at home mom again! As a matter of fact, Hubby could quit his job too. That might not be the most glamorous thing to do with the money but it’s what would work for our family. $5000 a week would more than cover our bills and allow us to enjoy each others company more without worrying about the bills. Time spent together is time well spent!
There is another option we might consider. Having us both at home all the time could get boring. Perhaps we could still work, Hubby could work part time instead of full time and we could do some traveling. We never had a honeymoon and I have always wanted to go to Ireland to take photos! This could also allow us to start our own business. I have always wanted to be a photographer but that isn’t exactly steady work. The possibilities are endless!
The amazing (and tough) part is that you get to select someone to continue to receive the $5000 a week after you. I would have a hard time choosing someone. Obviously I would want to choose my husband but what if he isn’t around then? Probably my oldest daughter. I trust that she would make good decisions with it and take care of her siblings as well.
Do you have any ideas about what you would do with $5000 a week? Who would you choose to inherit your prize?
Miss Maddie’s Closet is owned by a mom who I used to work with at my “away-from-home” job. Candace is a mom of 4 little kiddos, 2 boys and 2 girls. She has been creating since before I knew her and I remember her talking about starting an etsy shop. Well, she has and it has been great for her! She has been crafting and creating with her kids and decided to share her passion with her friends and now even you!
Miss Maddie’s Closet carries many items and Candace is always happy to do custom orders! The items I received for this review are a set of minky burp cloths! They come 3 to a set and are two sided. Bumpy minky on one side and printed cotton on the other.
We have been experiencing an unusual amount of spit up with the baby lately so when she said she had burp cloths and wanted to see what I thought it was perfect timing! Even once the spit up started slowing down the drooling never did!
I am never without a burp cloth and Miss Maddie’s Closet’s are my favorite!
We literally take them everywhere with us! The minky on the bottom is super soft and gentle on his delicate skin! The set I received is a cute combination of black, navy and turquoise chevron pattern backed with gray bumpy minky:
When I opened the package it was very sweetly packaged with coordinated ribbon. A lovely personal touch! They are constructed very well and have held up to many, many, many washes so far! There is not a stray stitch to be found. The edges are turned and top stitched which gives them a very clean and professional appearance.
Like I said before, I have washed these burp cloths so many times, I couldn’t even tell you how many! Our little man spits up like none of our other children and now he is drooling constantly from teething… I use them daily!! They go with me every time I leave the house. They have really held up through all of it! In fact, they look just like they did they day I got them!
About a week after receiving them she asked me how I was liking them and if I was having any issues or complaints. I had none! That is rare, but it was true. After a few weeks of washing them probably every other day I have started to notice that, on only one of them, the edge curls up a bit. I think it’s due to the direction of the fabric and has nothing to do with the craftsmanship. It really doesn’t even bother me, and I only noticed it because she asked me. Haha!
In all seriousness, I love supporting moms who are using their creativity and skill to help provide for their families! Miss Maddie’s Closet is a great mom-run business with great customer service and quality products! (I have even made other purchases from her myself)
Connect with Miss Maddie’s Closet
Browse the ever expanding etsy shop!
Become a fan on Facebook for deals, contests and updates!
Win a set of burp cloths!
Miss Maddie’s Closet has sent me 2 sets of burp cloths to give away! One set for boys and one set for girls!
This giveaway is open only to the US. I will be shipping the prize myself! Ends 8/1/13!